No matter the topic or the situation, the skill of asking the right question at the right time to the right person is what masterful coaches do best. There is nothing like hearing your client say “Now THAT is a good question.” Asking powerful questions is a skill that can be learned. In this course, you’ll explore the structure of the most effective questions, learn to assess when to probe beneath the surface of a presenting symptom, develop strategies for trusting your intuition, and discover when to ask an unexpected question.
ICF Core Competencies in this Course:
- #2 Embodies a Coaching Mindset
- #4 Cultivates Safety and Trust
- #5 Maintains Presence
- #7 Evokes Awareness
- 4 – 60 minute sessions.
- Sometimes in TURBO Format. One session per week or two sessions in one week.
- Four coach-specific training hours.
- Training Language: English
- Delivered online in Zoom Meeting room.
Instructor: Amy Glazer, PCC | This course is designed for the beginning coach.
Prerequisites: To take this 300-level Plus Series Integrating short course, you should meet the following pre-requisites:
- Complete 25 or more hours of coach training.
- 25 or more hours of coaching experience.
- This course is beginning level for the developing coach who wants sharpen their question-asking skills.
2022 Training Dates for 303 Asking Powerful Questions: (Registration at the button below!)
- Winter Eve – February 10 & 17 from 7-9pm Eastern (2 sessions)
- Winter Day – Tuesday, March 1 from 4-6pm Eastern (1 session)
- Spring Day – Tuesday, May 24 from 1-3pm Eastern (1 session)
- Spring Eve – Tuesday, May 24 from 7-9pm Eastern (1 session)
- Fall – Thursday, December 1 from 1-3pm Eastern (1 session)
303 Asking Powerful Questions Course Outline:
- 303 Asking Powerful Questions
- Pre-Work: 303 Asking Powerful Questions
- Live Sessions: 303 Asking Powerful Questions
- 303 Asking Powerful Questions – Live Session #1
- 303 Asking Powerful Questions – Live Session #2
- 303 Asking Powerful Questions – Live Session #3
- 303 Asking Powerful Questions – Live Session #4
- Follow-Up Assignment: 303 Asking Powerful Questions