In 2020, the ICF turns 25!
There are several notable events as a part of this anniversary. First, the ICF has been renamed as the International Coaching Federation. Second, a new ICF logo to commemorate the 25-year anniversary has been introduced.
Most significant is that the International Coaching Federation has announced a new competency model for coaches and training organizations. This new model was introduced in late 2019 and will go into effect on January 1, 2021.
For our part, CoachNet will transition all our training in our Accredited Coach Training Program for the Fall 2020 courses.
If you are applying for a new credential or renewing your existing credential in 2021, you’ll need to be up to speed with the new ICF Core Competencies!
In the first and second quarter of 2020, CoachNet’s Director of Training Jonathan Reitz will conduct a webinar series to orient you to the ins and outs of the new competencies. These two-hour sessions are free of charge. All you have to do is register!
Here’s the recording for New Competency Orientation: Session #1. This session covers the first two competencies:
1. Demonstrates Ethical Practice
2. Embodies a Coaching Mindset
Remaining Events in the Core Competency Overview Series
April 16: 7-9 pm Eastern
3. Establishes & Maintains Agreements
4. Cultivates Trust & Safety
– Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QJ6a2W9wRuK7lFPisXDPsQ
May 14: 7-9 pm Eastern
5. Maintains Presence
6. Listens Actively
– Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Ksjkl3aPToSzoEo8vs1dJA
June 11: 7-9 pm Eastern
7. Evokes Awareness
8. Facilitates Client Growth
– Register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_OcKRw1DsTiGjCidXOBLCGw